Dominick Alongi, DDS, MS
Dr. Dominick Alongi, a lifelong resident of southeastern Louisiana, graduated high school in 1989, obtaining the Board of Regents diploma. After specialized training in the United States Army, Dr. Alongi served a tour in Iraq during Operation Desert Storm in 1990-1991. During the 1990’s Dr. Alongi achieved a degree in Radiologic Technology, where he worked at various hospitals in the New Orleans area in Diagnostic Radiology and CAT scan departments. It was during this time when he graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelors of Science with nearly a 4.0 GPA. He then attended Louisiana State University School of Dentistry achieving a Doctorate of Dental Surgery. After graduating honors in research, he attended the University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, the first dental school in the world, where he completed a three year Endodontic Post Graduate program. During his residency, he had the honor of providing care for children in Hanoi, Vietnam with the non-profit organization Operation Smile. Dr.Alongi was also recognized for clinical and research excellence with numerous awards and distinctions including the Ponti Award for clinical Excellence in his endodontic residency. During this time, Dr. Alongi also spent time at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland as lead investigator evaluating the regeneration potential of stem cells from inflamed human dental pulps. He successfully defended his thesis, and went on to receive his certification in Endodontics as well as a Postdoctoral Master of Science degree in Oral Biology.
In addition to operating in private endodontic practices in Madisonville and Metairie, Louisiana, Dr. Alongi maintains active membership in numerous professional associations. He stays up to date with the most current concepts of the practice of endodontics, with particular emphasis on endodontic microsurgery and implantology. He also has unique experiences in pediatrics with a focus on regeneration concepts. His emphasis on patient comfort, as well as keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in Endodontic techniques, enable him to provide you with the best quality of care in the field.
Dr. AIongi lives in Madisonville, Louisiana with his wife, a pediatric dentist,
childrensdentalcottage.com and children, ages 15 and 1. During his spare time, Dr. Alongi enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, water sports, and fishing.
"I am proud to provide my patients with the best in dental technology, treatment options and patient comfort. It is my pleasure to address all your endodontic questions and concerns."
Dr. Alongi’s research experience:
- "Stem/progenitor cells from inflamed human dental pulp retain tissue regeneration potential." Regenerative Medicine 5(4): 617-31, 2010. (DJ Alongi, T Yamaza, Y Song, AF Fouad, E Romberg, S Shi, R Tuan, and GT-J Huang)
- "Creative Approaches to Endodontic Treatment of Anomalous Teeth." AAE Table Clinic. April 2007
- "Calcium-Ion Diffusion of Four Calcium-Hydroxide-Based Materials: Ultracal XS, Vitapex, Roeko Calcium-Hydroxide Plus Points, and Pure Calcium Hydroxide Through Radicular Dentin." Int J Oral-Med Sci 3(2):75-82, 2004. (with R Caicedo and D Mercante)
- "Treatment Dependent Calcium Diffusion from Two Sealers Through Radicular Dentine." Gen Dent 54(3):178-81, 2006. (with R Caicedo, and NK Sarkar)
- "Clinical, Radiographic and Histological Analysis of the Effects of Mineral Trioxide Aggregate used in Direct Pulp Capping and Pulpotomies of Primary Teeth." Australian Dental Journal 51(4): 297-305,2006. May 2005. (with PV Abbott and R Caicedo)
- "Physical Properties of Three Intraradicular Posts Using Three Types of Cement." Submitted to Academy of General Dentistry. July 2005. (with R Caicedo, and NK Sarkar)
- "Calcified Tissues Formed In Apposition To MTA In Vivo." AAE Abstract # PR 37. April 2005. (with R Caicedo, R Moiseyeva, and NK Sarkar)
- "Interfaces in Soft Resin Obturated Root Canals." IADR Abstract # 2855. March 2005. (with R Caicedo, R Moiseyeva, K Vo, and NK Sarkar)
- "Biomineralizing Potential of White MTA: An In Vitro Study." AAE Abstract # PR 38. May 2004. (with R Caicedo, M Verma, and NK Sarkar)
- "Calcium Ion Diffusion of Four Calcium Hydroxide-Based Materials." IADR Abstract # P383. March 2004. (with R Caicedo, D Mercante, and NK Sarkar)
- "Comparative Study of the Physical Properties of Six Endodontic Cements." 2005. (with R Caicedo, and NK Sarkar)
- "Clinical Performance of Gutta-Flow Compared with Grossman's Sealer and Roeko Seal as Root Canal Filling Material in the Treatment of Chronic Apical Periodontitis." 2005. (with R Caicedo, R Lemon, K Vo, and B Gremillion)
- "Calcium Diffusion of Two Calcium Ion Releasing Medicaments." 2005. (with R Caicedo, and K Vo)
Our team consists of dedicated individuals who are kind, friendly and
caring. Our team includes experienced and energetic people whose goal is
to communicate with our patients to provide the best care possible.
staff is here to ensure a pleasant experience during your visit to our